Hi, I am Natalia Stasenko.
I am a Registered Dietitian and a mom of three. My goal is to help you enjoy feeding your child while providing the best nutrition and helping build healthy relationship with food.
When my first child was a toddler, I made my share of feeding mistakes and battled a case of extreme picky eating that triggered my interest in pediatric nutrition.
In order to get to the bottom of the art and science of feeding kids, I trained as a Registered Dietitian at Columbia University, Teachers College in New York.
After that I have been running a successful nutrition private practice, consulting for various companies and agencies including Head Start and speaking at numerous workshops for parents all over New York.
It was a great experience but I knew that there were many more parents who were desperate for help with feeding their children but lived too far or were too busy to commit to a consultation or come to my seminars.
So I launched Feeding Bytes – an online program for parents where everyone can get the best professional advice on feeding children from the comfort of their home.
Whether you explore articles on introduction of solids, child nutrition or feeding issuesonline coaching program, you will see that my approach to feeding is based on science, trust and common sense.
What does it mean?
- I will not judge you for giving your child sweets or chips but I will show how they can be incorporated into a balanced diet so that your child feels in control around all types of food.
- I will not preach you about portion sizes but will help teach your child feel attuned to his hunger/satiety signals.
- I will not overwhelm you with complex recipes but will show how a simple and balanced family meal can be put together quickly.
- I will not intimidate you with pictures of perfect plates of food children are *supposed* to eat but will help tweak your feeding strategy so that your child feels empowered to enjoy mealtimes, eat a varied diet and get all the nutrition he needs.
- I will not make you follow a strict guideline on introduction of solids but will teach you how to follow your baby’s lead and support development of her eating skills while she is working towards enjoying the same foods as the rest of the family.
Curious and ready to learn more?
Sign up for out free mini e-course on child feeding.
Send me a request to join our free closed Facebook group where we help our children learn good eating habits and build a healthy relationship with food.
If you would like to chat about your child’s eating, book a workshop or learn more about the services I provide to health/food industry, contact me on email@example.com.
Natalia Stasenko MS, RD is a leading expert on child nutrition with years of experience of counseling in private practice, writing, speaking, consulting for the health/food industry and teaching online.
Natalia has contributed to numerous media outlets including Parents Magazine, Pregnancy and Newborn Magazine, Kiwi magazine, Kids Eat Right and Huffington post. She blogs monthly on Scoop on Food blog at parents.com.
Recently, she cowrote a cookbook Real Baby Food – an up to date resource on feeding children from 6 months to 3 years.
Recent videos with feeding tips and strategies:
Registered Dietitian (RD) with Master of Science in Nutrition Education from Columbia University
Founder of Feeding Bytes, an online nutrition school for parents
Consulting dietitian for food/health industry, schools, daycare facilities and other organizations, including Head Start, a federal program for families with small children
Creator of Nuts and Bolts of Child Feeding
Professional association memberships and affiliations:
Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior, past Chair of Communications Division
American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Active member
International Network for Diet and Nutrition in Allergy, Active Member